Question
Posted by: Gesiggie | 2010-07-01

Cipralex and weight loss!

Hi there Doc,

I have been taking 5mg of Cipralex since Jan. 2010 and up to date I have lost about 10kg''s (I am 1.67m and now weigh 59) and I have a maintenance weight of about 65 for the past 10 years!

Can the Cipralex be the cause of my weight loss?

I haven't seen much about Cipralex as a cause of weight loss as such, but that family of meds can cause mild nausea - when its more marked you notice that you're nauseous, when its milder you may just have some loss of appetite. But of course there are potentially many possible causes of weight-loss.

2
Posted by: anon | 2010-07-01

wow jys gelukkig eks op 20mgs en verloor defnitief nie. :)
(ek het ander issues met gewig - maar ek moet se ek dink dit laat mens minder snack of iets, dis asof ek vergeet omte eet,) maar dit onderdruk definitief nie eetlus nie. seker met die feelgood ens. te doen.

Reply to anon