Question
Posted by: anna | 2009/10/27

Cipralex and dope

Dear Cybershrink,

My friend has a daughter who has been placed on Cipralex for her depression, but she also smokes a lot of marijuana.

When asked, the daughter said that her psychiatrist says that it isn' t a problem. Is this true, or can the combination cause more harm than good?

I doubt that her psychitrist would be foolish enough to recommend such a combination. What he may have meant is that, though there is absolutely NO evidence on the effects of this combination, it's unlikely to be dangerous. But marijuana is not good for mood disorders ( or any other mental disorder ) and can worsen or complicate most of them.

1