Posted by: Sick | 2008-12-18

Cipralex &  Duramine

I have picked up +- 25 kg since I started with Cipralex about 18 months ago. I know that weight gain is not listed as a side effect but taking this medication is the only thing that has changed - my eating and excercise plans are still the same. I have stopped taking Cipralex +- 2 weeks ago and drank a Duramine on Monday as well as yesterday. Since Monday I have a horrible headache, can' t sleep properly, have neck pain, am moody, have a pain on my heart and I' m nauseous as well. Is it the stopping of the Cipralex or the taking of the 2 Duramines that is causing me to feel this way? Please advise who I can see with regards to this as well? I live in Centurion.

Dear Sick
Stop the Duramine immediately please - this is BAD for you - it can even cause depression! See side effects on
You probably picked up weight due to the Cipralex, so you need to take another kind of antidepressant that will not cause weight gain - discuss with your GP or even better, see a psychiatrist for treatment if you suffer from depression still. There is one in Jean avenue at the @health centre.
You will probably lose weight without doing anything over the next two to three months after stopping Cipralex