Question
Posted by: lana | 2012/07/11

Cipralex

Good day. I was on 10mg of Cipralex. I should come off it now. I have been told by my doctor toe split the dose in half for a month and then I should stop. I have stopped for 5 days now and my head feels like it is shocking when I turn my head. I also feel naseua and lightheaded. I just want to know, will this pass? Should I just hold on and not take any of the meds or should I take some of the meds again, maybe a quater of the pill. Right now I am just wondering if my body will adjust. I have taked anti-depressants before and everytime I come off it I feel horrible. I know the last time I wanted to come off I experiences withdrawel and was put on the medication again. I have to come off this time. Would appreciate your help!!!

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Dear Lana,

I suggest you discuss these symptoms with your doctor.

Thanks,
Karen

2
Posted by: ME | 2012/08/06

I was on Cipralex for 4 days and every single day I was so drowsy and nauseous and instead of it helping my anxiety I was more anxious. I nearly fell asleep driving to work several times. I took myself off it and started taking a lower dose of a less stronger anxiety-targeted tablet and am now doing much better. I started taking 2 x 0.25mg in the morning : 1 straight after breakfast and then the other one just before leaving for work. I am now down to just the 1 x 0.25mg.
The cipralex side effects are just not worth it.

Reply to ME
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2012/07/11

Dear Lana,

Thanks,
Karen

Reply to Addictions expert