Question
Posted by: Chubby | 2010/06/23

Cipralex

Hi . I have been on cipralex for 6 months as I am a severe insomnic . I could stand to take sleeping tablets anymore as I am still young - 26 . Cipralex 10mg a day has helped me considerably . HOWEVER , it has made me gain lots of weight- 10 kg !!! Is there any tablet or advice you can give me to counteract this ???

Hallo Chubby
Please discuss with your doctor whether you can't change your medication - there are anti- depressants that don't cause as much weight gain like Wellbutrin, Effexor and Prozac. It may also help to take a low dose tricyclic antidepressant like 10 mg Trepilene at night to help you sleep -it relaxes you and normalize sleeping patterns and is less addictive than sleeping tablets.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/06/23

Hallo Chubby