Question

cipralex

I get frequent disturbing thoughts causing anxiety and was diagnosed as having OCD. In the beginning of 2008 Cipralex was prescribed and it went OK for a while, but I have blurred vision almost all of the time. I cannot focus and I am now trying to do my PhD and feeling drowsy and struggling to think, which is very frustrating. Is there something I can do about this? Life for me is one struggle to keep going on and to force myself to think and concentrate and I am now just fed up. At this pace I won' t get my PhD and I will never be able to have a life since I have to work all the time to make up for the times I just cannot accomplish anything. I am also scared of what will happen if I am not on the medication anymore, but I am also not so happy on the medication. What must I do?

These can be possible side-effects with Cipralex, but there are other, and cheaper, similar meds which do the same job and may suit yo better. Also, I would always prefer adding CBT ( Cognitive-behaviour Therapy ) which has no side-effects and works well.

1