Posted by: CPM | 2009-01-28

I' ve was on this for 3 years then i went off - believing i was ok - then i had the tromboses and and and the doc put me back onto it - it' s now been 6 months since i got the script so i need a new one - this doc has now left the practise I go to and they are refusing to give me a script " unless you come and see us and we assess you"  and these are now all gp' s in anycase....

So now I must pay R280 for them to deceide if i need this or not?

Right now im feeling good - so what must i do when i go to the doc? Cry and pretend im still depro right now?

Very annoying, I know, but basically good practice. We don't want them dishing out serious meds too easily. And if the doc who knew you has left, its important in the larger scheme of things to pick a new doc from the practice and make sure HE gets to know you --- plan the consultation with a summary of what you want him to know, and get your R 280's worth. And if on a proper assessment he might decide you can gently come off the Cipralex now, well, that could be a net saving !