Posted by: tankgirl | 2008-11-16

I have been on Cipralex for a week now to treat anxiety and depression. But I am so exhausted all the time I can barely think or see straight and completing any task is extremely difficult.

Is this a normal side effect and if so how long should I wait for the effects to subside before i consult my doctor? He said it would take a few days for me to adjust to it but he never mentioned I would feel this terrible!

Sounds as though this could be normal side-effects, though you seem more severely affected by them than are most people. If you're findingn it so dificult after a week, this is finen time to call and consult your prescribing doctor for advice on this, as he knows you best. Usually side-effects are not as severe as qwhat you seem to be describing, and are starting to sade within a week or 2 at most.