Question
Posted by: Megan | 2010-08-23

CiplaTrim/Glucophage

I take 1x500mg Glucophage tablet a day to help control my insulin resistance. Will it be safe to drink it together with Cipla Trim which I want to start taking to help get off the extra weight.

Dear Megan
Although die package insert for Ciplatrim does not state that Glucophage cannot be taken together with Ciplatrim, you will have to ask the medical doctor who is treating you for the insulin resistance if you can also use Ciplatrim or if the active ingredient it contains, which is called sibutramine, will interact with the Glucophage. In any case, medications containing sibutramine have to be prescribed by a medical dr and the dr must first assess you, to check if you don't have high blood pressure, heart or circulation problems as sibutramine is contra-indicated in such cases.
I would also recommend that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to assist you with a balanced slimming diet seeing that you have insulin resistance and also need to lose weight.

2
Posted by: Charmaine | 2010-09-29

Morning,
I recently heard about ciplatrim. Is it safe to use? or is it the same as simply slim with the side effect some people recently exeperienced in the newspapers?

Reply to Charmaine
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-08-23

Dear Megan