Question
Posted by: Y | 2009-11-04

Ciplatrim and malaria prophylaxis

Dear Cyberdoc,

I' m currently taking the following prescription medication:
Metformin HCL 500mg 2x a day
Ginette
Ciplatrim 15 mg

I' m going to the Kruger National Park in December and need to take malaria prophylaxis.

I' ve used Mefliam before with the Metformin and Ginette with no problems. But this is the first time that I' m also on Ciplatrim.

I see that some of the possible side effects of Ciplatrim and Mefliam are the same and though I haven' t experienced any side effects on either of the two medications, I' m worried that there may be a problem when I take both.

Is it save to take Ciplatrim and Mefliam together or will I have to stop the Ciplatrim for 6 weeks while taking the Mefliam?

Hallo Y
There are not any contra-indications against taking these two medications together as far as I can see. If you can stop the Ciplatrim it will be better but it won't be a proble, to use the two together.

3
Posted by: Catherine | 2010-02-14

May I use ciplatrim with prescribed medication e.g. prexum,

Reply to Catherine
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-04

Hallo Y

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-04

Hallo Y
There are not any contra-indications against taking these two medications together as far as I can see. If you can stop the Ciplatrim it will be better but it won't be a problem, to use the two together.

Reply to cyberdoc