Question
Posted by: CJ | 2012/03/01

Ciplatrim

Hi Doc.
I have a box of Ciplatrim, and for some reason on the 3rd day of taking it, I am so nauseas and vomiting, I cant bear to carry on taking it. I am desperate to lose weight, but is this a side-effect I have to work through, or should I discontinue use?
Thanks!

Dear CJ
I checked in my copy of MIMS and they only list 'GI disturbances' for Ciplatrim. Now this could include nausea and vomiting, but it may also only refer to abdominal discomfort. So please phone your doctor who prescribed the Ciplatrim and ask him/her if your symptoms could be due to the medication or if they are being caused by gastroenteritis, etc. Always contact the prescribing dr if any medication could be giving you negative side-effects. If you just have a so-called 24-hour virus infection, then you will stop feeling nauseous and stop vomiting quite soon and then be able to restart the Ciplatrim. Of course if the symptoms recur after you restart the medication then you may be sensitive to the ingredients and have to change your approach to weightloss.

2
Posted by: Magda Pieterse | 2012/05/08

Why is CiplaTrim off the market?

Reply to Magda Pieterse

Dear CJ