Question
Posted by: LILLY | 2010/12/08

CIPLATRIM

Is anyone here using Ciplatrim and have you lost weight?

Is Ciplatrim the same as Duromine?

Dear Lilly
I trust that the other Readers will give feedback on their experiences with using Ciplatrim and how much weight they have lost. Ciplatrim and Duromine are two different medications, but they are both prescribed to assist weightloss. Ciplatrim contains sibutramine which is an appetite suppressant and has a stimulating effect on metabolism. The following side-effects are listed in my copy of MIMS: abnormal bleeding, stimulation of the central nervous system including seizures, taste perversion, oedema, hypertension, palpitations, tachycardia, vasodilatation, chills, increased blood pressure, lack of menstruation, increased sweating and back pain. Duromine is also an appetite suppressant. The following side-effects can occur with Duromine (which contains phentermine as its active ingredient), as listed in my copy of MIMS: pulmonary hypertension, central nervous system effects including psychotic episodes and hallucinations, cardiovascular effects, gastrointestinal disturbances, problems with urination, rash, impotence or changes in libido, facial oedema and blurred vision. Both these medications need to be prescribed by a medical doctor and should be used with a balanced, eneryg-reduced diet and physical exercise to achieve weightloss.

2
Posted by: Susan | 2010/12/15

I''ve been on Duromine for two months now and have lost 7kg''s in conjunction with exercise and low cal diet. The reason people rave about Ciplatrim and Duromine and excessive weightloss is because both these actually take away your appetite completely. With other words, these people actually stop eating because they''re not hungry and that''s because they lose the weight. I''ve decided from the beginning that I will use Duromine strictly to teach my body the correct portion size. If you''re thinking of using it to lose excessive weight in a very short period, you will fail, because you WILL gain back all the weight and more after you stop using it. As far as I know Ciplatrim has been taken off the market, because of the sibutramine.

Reply to Susan

Dear Lilly