Question
Posted by: Fayzoon | 2010/06/18

Ciplatrim

Good day
I have a Hypothyroid condition. Can i take Ciplatrim?
and is this also safe to take with the Pill(Tryphasil).

Dear Fayzoon
If you have hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid) then I trust that you are receiving thyroid replacement therapy (e.g. Eltroxin or similar tablets). If not, it is important to ask your medical dr to prescribe thyroid hormone replacement therapy for you. Ciplatrim is a Schedule 5 medication which has to be prescribed by a medical dr who is first supposed to give you a thorough medical examination before prescribing Ciplatrim. This is to check that you do not have heart of circulatory problems because sibutramine, the active ingredient in Ciplatrim, has been associated with heart and circulation problems. You, therefore, need to consult your medical dr and if you do not have heart or circulatory problems and the dr decides that you can take Ciplatrim, then check with him/her about the Triphasil, because some medications do interact. You will need to use a low-fat, energy-reduced diet and regular exercise together with the Ciplatrim to ensure weightloss.

3
Posted by: Rika Oelofse | 2010/10/04

Can I use Ciplatrim and Eltroxin together?

Reply to Rika Oelofse
Posted by: Lee | 2010/06/18

I too have hypothyroidism and am on thyroid replacement tablets. I have tired ciplatrim and it made me feel terrible and worst of all, I did not loose a single gram of weight.
I would not waste my time, money or effort on ciplatrim. Its down to eating correctly and regular exercise I''m afraid! Good luck!

Reply to Lee

Dear Fayzoon