Posted by: Delene | 2009-09-10

I read about Weighless and Ciplatrim on your site. PLEASE can you assist me in trying to establish if I would be able to use it because I have mitral valve incompetency as result of rheumatic fever as a child. I take the following:
Hexarone 200mg daily, Cazaar 50mg daily, Warfarin 7,5mg daily, Puresis 1 daily, Plenish K 2 tabs b.d.
I was with WL earlier this year and initially loose weight after which I plateau and eventually stop all together. I am really desperate to loose weight for health purposes and am sticking to the WL diet, but no real result. I loose a kg and gain it without cheating! This is so frustrating because I am an " all or nothing"  dieter. PLEASE asist me as I am very desperate to succeed in losing weight and continue with a healthy balanced eating programme

Dear Delene
Because of your mitral valve incompetency and all the medications you take, I would urge you to discuss this matter with your pharmacist to see if there will be any interactions with the Ciplatrim and your medications. I cannot find some of them in my copy of MIMS to check for your. I would also recommend that you see a clinical dietitian for an assessment to see what type of slimming diet you need to use. Visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area.
Because you have special needs it is better to obtain these assessments to ensure that anything you do (taking a new slimming pill or changing your slimming diet) will not affect your heart.