Question
Posted by: Liesel | 2011/04/18

Cinnamon Tablets

Good day Doc
I am diabetic and my sister told me that she knows of a diabetic that uses Cinnamon Tables to control her sugar levels. I read up on it and it seems to be a helpful tablet. Can anyone take it or must i first consult my doctor. Also does a person need a script for it.
Thanking you

Hallo Liesel
You don't need a script and you can buy it at some pharmacies and health shops. Depending on how severe your diabetes is, it may reduce your blood sugar leading to a reduction in the dosage of medication but you should still monitor your blood sugar levels and not stop your medication unless you are 100% sure that it is normal. Most people can't "feel" that their blood sugar is out of control, and a constant high blood sugar damages your kidneys and eyes and brain without you even realizing it.
See also http://diabetes.webmd.com/cinnamon-and-benefits-for-diabetes

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/04/18

Hallo Liesel