Question
Posted by: ANON | 2012/09/19

CINNAMON

Okay so I hear it is good to use cinnamon, in your coffee or even maybe on your cereal. The question is how much should one use per day and is it okay for me to use on a daily basis as i take prescription medication for high blood pressure?

Dear Cinnamon
There is some scientific evidence the cinnamon can help to control blood sugar levels, but the research is still in the early stages. I wrote an article on the subject which you can access if you click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then do a Search for 'Cinnamon confusion'. Until we have more substantial data, I can't recommend its use. The dose recommended was quite high which can be a problem if you are not mad about the taste of large quantities of cinnamon! You may be able to buy capsules that contain cinnamon at health shops to avoid having to eat 1-2 tablespoons of the spice over your food. The normal ground version is suitable, but keep in mind that you may find the quantities a bit overpowering.

2
Posted by: saras | 2012/09/28

yo yo dieter now at menopause .on hrt .need to lose 8 kg
tried 1 month of strict diet and exercise
no loss yet desperate what to do ?am realy determined and disciplined.is it slow meatbolism ?due to yoyodieting?

Reply to saras

Dear Cinnamon