Question
Posted by: Stacey | 2012/08/01

Cinnamon

Firstly you ROCK!! i love your forum .

I heard that cinnamon is good to control blood sugar levels . Is this true and if so how much does one need to have and is the norm grund version ok.

Dear Stacey
Thank you for your kind words - you have made what was a most frustrating day, much much better for me. There is some scientific evidence the cinnamon can help to control blood sugar levels, but the research is still in the early stages. I wrote an article on the subject which you can access if you click on 'Diet & Nutrition' at the top of this page and then do a Search for 'Cinnamon confusion'. Until we have more substantial data, I can't recommend its use. The dose recommended was quite high which can be a problem if you are not mad about the taste of large quantities of cinnamon! You may be able to buy capsules that contain cinnamon at health shops to avoid having to eat 1-2 tablespoons of the spice over your food. The normal ground version is suitable, but keep in mind that you may find the quantities a bit overpowering.
I hope you have a good evening

1

Dear Stacey
I hope you have a good evening