Question
Posted by: Tania | 2012/01/25

Cilift, Triphasal and Glucophage

I am using Cilift for mild depression that has turned worse all of a sudden. It is as if the Cilift has no effect anymore.
I am also using Glucophage for a so-calles insulin resistance.
I use Triphasal as a contraceptive, which I am noy happy about. I would prefer to have another Mirena inserted.
I have a very stressful life, mostly emotional stress which I can''t really do anything about except coping with it. Lately, I am extremely depressed, have suddenly developed all kinds of intolerances to certain foods and even plasters, and I have a monthly migraine two weeks before my red pills of the Triphasal start. My weakened sex drive (or any sort of drive for that matter) is also not helping the situation. What I need to know is whether the combination of these three medications are maybe problematic? Do I have any other options? Is there any natural suplementation that can help me? It seems that pro-biotics seem to alleviate the ''intolerance'' problem, and I''ve even tried taking 5HTP. But all of these becomes just too much to take ( I feel like a druggie popping all those pills), and of course very expensive, which then creates another kind of stress again. Could you please help me?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Tania

What is your reason for going of the Mirena? In my opinion your best option would be to return. In some patients, oral contraceptives do seem to have an effect on mood and may be the reason you are experiencing a set-back. The migraines may also be a result of these...

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/01/27

Hi Tania

Reply to pharmacist