Question
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-05

cilift and st johns wart?

Hi, was wondering if it was okay to take cilift as well as st johns wart at the same time. My anxiety is just way out if control. I either need something that is about the same price as cilift that works better, or I need to take something in conjuction. Some one mentioned st johns wort worked for their anxiety. Could I take it as well as continue on cilift??? Cant really afford to get anything more than the cost of cilift which is pretty well priced.

I have seen no research on combining these two, but I don't see any reason to do so. It'd be like sweetening your tea with sugar and two sugar substitutes. If it's not sweet enough, just add more of the sugar..
St Johns Wort actually works, where it works, in the same way as Cilift does, so there'd be nothing to gain by combining them. The Wort has no evidence of helping anxiety, and if the cilift is adding to ( or at least not dimin ishing ) myour anxiety, the wort could only add to that unhelpful effect. I'd prefer CBT for anxiety, or if unavoidable, some cautious use of low doses of a benzo sedaive tranquillizer, though I generally avoid using them.