Posted by: Debbie | 2009-08-19

Cilift and appetite

I have again started taking Cilift 20mg and feel great, cant think why I ever stopped! My only roblem is I am overweight as I am an emotional eater and battle to diet as food gives me instant satisfaction! I have chatted with my doctor and he has given me a script for reductil but I havent got it yet as I am nervous it may cancel the good effects of the Cilift - is this possible?

Also is it possible that the Cilift is giving me an increased appetite cos even though I feel great I cant stop my hunger!!

Seeing a counsellor / psychologist may be a better way to deal with your emotionally sparked over-eating, and, with a Cognitive-behaviour Therapy approach, could help uyou get a grip on the depression, too. I have no experience at combining reductil with cilift, but think the CBT / counsellin approach would be likely to be more effective. Some antidepressants do seem to speak some people's appetite, but with CBT you could still learn to control it.