Posted by: Me! | 2012-01-31

Cilift &  Pregnancy

Okay so this message is on behalf of someone that does not have access to help at the moment.

She was on Cilift before she fell pregnanct. When she confirmed her pregnancy then she stopped the Cilift. Since then she has had a relapse and has been extremely emotionally unstable. Along with this she has been having a very hard time emotionally with a lot of changes happening in her life. Her gynea advised that she should go back on the Cilift asap due to her relapse, so she did. She has been getting extreme headaches since then and has therefore only taken it about 3 times in the last week. She is hesitant to continue with the Cilift due to her baby. Is the cilift safe during pregnancy? And what effects will this have on her baby? Will the baby have withdrawel? Any advice would be appreciated.

I suggest that she continues with the Cilift as indicated (daily usage and not only 3 times a week) under strict supervision from her gynaecologist.

Posted by: Nickola | 2012-01-31

I was on Cilift too, and my doc told me that it''s VERY UNSAFE for baby during pregnancy. How long was she on before she went off? If she didn''t wean herself off properly then it would also contribute to her relapse. Get her to speak to her doc (not gynae) regarding safe alternatives during her pregnancy, but also tell her to stop taking the Cilift (I miscarried and my doc said it was probably because of it). Good luck to your friend!

Reply to Nickola