Question
Posted by: V | 2009/12/07

Cilift 20mg &  Eyesight

Hi doc. is it possible that a persons eyes can be affected by taking cilift and or iron deficiency meds?

i have been using cilifit 20mg for the past 4 months, and suddenly it feels like my right eye is blurry and cannot focus on small letters etc???

i have been to spec savers for an eye test, and the optom said as long as i dont get headaches i should be fine, but i would still like to know. Before the cilift i did not have this problem, just wanna know if im barking up the wrong tree. My doctor also recently prescribed Chela-Fer iron supplements as i am aneamic. could this have an impact on vision???

Hi V
Iron tablets would not have an effect and cilift does not seem to cause it so I think you should look for other causes like diabetes or thyroid hormone abnormalities - have your blood tested?

2
Posted by: Lynx | 2009/12/08

I started taking cipralex and funny thing is my sight has also changed recently. I find that my eyes are also blurry &  I also cannot focus. When I read, I can' t focus on the writing on the page. I feel as if I amlooking at it cross eyed.

Reply to Lynx
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/07

Hi V

Reply to cyberdoc