Question
Posted by: CC | 2012-12-04

Cilift

My doctor put me on Cilift 20mg 2 weeks ago. We have our year end function on Friday and although I don''t really drink alcohol I would like to know if it''s safe to drink one of two classes of wine?

Yes, you can drink one or two glasses of wine.

3
Posted by: CC | 2012-12-05

Hey Anon, I also had bad nausea but it dissapeared after a few days (lost about 2,5 Kg''s so can''t complain). Still don''t have much of an appetite, but the Dr said to give it two weeks and I''m starting to feel normal again. I don''t usually drink, just a glass or two at these occasions. Guess I will be skipping this one then. Thanks.

Reply to CC
Posted by: anon | 2012-12-05

My doctor prescribed cilift but after taking half a tablet the first day I had such an awful strangulating headache together with bad nausea, I decided not to take any more. Have any of you suffered such bad side effects from cilift? The insert does not recommend drinking alcohol.

Reply to anon
Posted by: Nicky | 2012-12-04

Hi CC.
I am on 30 mg Cilift a day and I can have a few drinks and be perfect. The problem is not everyone reacts the same. I certainly wouldn''t ry for the first time at a function. Also, Cilift and all other anti depressants take a few weeks to set in properly. Alchohol is a central nervous system depressant and so may worsen the side effects of depression/anxiety etc. I did wait a few months before drinking again.
All the best

Reply to Nicky