Question
Posted by: Vicky | 2012/01/24

Cilift

Hello Doctor,

I have been using Cilift for 8 years now. In these years I gained 30kg. I am not blaming the medication, I know it''s my own fault, but maybe just maybe if I change medication it might make a difference to my eating habits? I was looking at Lorien, but I see the active ingredient is totally different from Cilift? To leave the medication all together is not an option.

Many anidepressants can cause or increase the risk and ease of gaining weight, though diet and exercise can usually help with this. It is indeed possible that just as many people use Cilift without a weight problem, you might change to a similar but fidderent antidepressant which would be helpful but without this annoying effect.
Lorien is a generic version of Fluoxetine, originally introduced as Prozac.
best discuss this with your psychiatrist, who would be better able to advise on this, once he knows all the relevant details, than a GP.

1