Question
Posted by: Daisy | 2011/01/11

Cilift

I have now been on 20mg cilift for almost a month because I get anxiety attacts. I need to go back for my prescription in a weeks time but would like to find out the following:
In the beginning cilift made me really anxious but that has now luckily passed, sometimes I am still a little bit anxious but it''s not that bad.
What I would like to know is it normal to feel drowsy all the time and sometimes off balance and if you are in a bubble. Sometimes I struggle to focus properly, so I decided to start drinking it before I go to bed. It''s better but I still feel drowsy, off balance and struggling to focus, feeling tired most of the time. Should I speak to my doctor to get another type of pill prescribed or can I maybe reduce it to 10mg at night and see if that makes me feel better? I just want to feel normal again but now I feel like a zombi most of the time.

Obviously this is something you need to discuss in detail with your doc before deciding on a repeat prescription. The cur-off or spaced out feling is one many folks describe - these side-effects sound a bit excessive after around a month ( all side-effects tend to reduce in these early weeks ) it does sount as though this particular drug is suiting your particular chemistry, and maybe another would do better.
Of course CBT-style counselling is also very effective, and without such side-effects !

2
Posted by: daisy | 2011/01/11

Thank you for your response. What is CBT counselling and where can I go for it?

Reply to daisy