Question

cilift

Ive been on cilift for about 4 years and would like to stop using it. for the past few weeks Ive been taking only half a tablet. Im not sure how to stop using an inti-depressant and would like some advise. thanks

Odd, I feel so sure I have already responded to this question. I wonder why you have ben on Cilift for 4 years. Generally, for a single episode of properly diagnosed Depression, one would remain on the meds for at least 6 to 9 months, before coming off them over a few days of gradually reducing dosage. After a second, in some cases, and most often after a third depression episode, most experts would recommend staying on the meds long-term, to reduce the otherwise more significant risk of further episodes. Once in this latter situation, one would usually best consult with yoru prescribing shrink for re-assessment and a discussion before reaching the decision to some off the meds. And obviously you would then evolve a plan for coming off them, during that consultation.
As it is, if you've been down to half a tablet for some weeks, you could probably stop withouit further consequences.