Ive been on cilift 20mg for 4 years. I would like to go off the anit depressant and started to take half a tablet for a week now. I would like to know what the correct way is to go of cilift not to have any symptons

You need to disuss this with your prescribing doctor who, presumably, knows you and your illness. For a single episode of depression, one should remain on the meds for around 9 months. After a 3rd episode of depression, most experts would probably recommend that you remain on the meds indefinately, to reduce the risk of further episodes. SOP its best to decide WITH your shrink or GP when and whether it's right to come off the meds, and then to make a plan to reduce them slowly. COming down to half a tab for a week, maybe make it 2 weeks, then you might try stopping, and see. Be alert for signs of a returning depression, and if this happens, you could re-start the meds while waiting to see your oc for a re-assessment