Question
Posted by: MikeF | 2012/03/23

CIDP Treatment

I have Chronic Inflammatory Demylinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP). I was successfully treated in July 2011 with a five day infusion of Polygammaglobulin. I hav relapsed and am back in hospital and am on Polygam again but have also been told I need to go onto Azapress (azathioprine). The side effects of this drug look horrendous. The neurologist is convinced that it is safe enough for my condition. I am reluctant to take something that has a known carcinogenic effect. Any thoughts?

Mike

In your case, the benefit far outweigh the side effects of the drug. Your chances are less than 1% to develop cancer from this drug.