Posted by: Jolene | 2009-05-14

I suffer form a nephrotic syndrome and I' m taking 100mg of ciclohexal bd, I suffer from really bad headache' s. My dr said this might be a side effect of the drug and prescribed synapforte - it is not helping at all - just putting me on a high. Is there something else that i can try that wont put strain on my kidneys - I do understand that I might need a scribt for it, I will get that from my dr. I just need suggestions.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Jolene

Most painkillers does carry a risk in patients with impaired renal function - even Synap Forte. Although there are MANY painkillers available on the market that I could recommend, only your doctor - knowing your medical condition - can make the call which is safe in your sitiuation. Give him a call, and ask for something else!