Question
Posted by: Caitlin | 2011/05/03

Chubby face

Is there a way to lose weight on your face?
I have a very round chubby face and would like to lose some fat/muscle on my face..Is it possible?

Dear Caitlin
It is practically impossible for anyone to determine exactly where in the body you are going to lose weight. If you are otherwise overweight, then losing some kg will lead to an all round loss, including in the face. If you are not overweight elsewhere, then it will be very difficult to ensure that any weight you lose will only be restricted to your face. Having a round, chubby face may be due to genetics (other members of your family may have similar features) and thus not due to excess food intake. If you are not overweight in general, then I would recommend that you consult a plastic surgeon because there are a number of techniques that can be used to alter the shape of the face. If you are overweight, use a balanced slimming diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise for 30 min a day (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). The one advantage of weightloss, is that most people find that they do lose weight in the facial area.Best regards

1

Dear Caitlin