Posted by: Elana | 2010-08-21

Chronice Lyme Disease &  Chronice Rickettsial Infection

I am diagnose with above mentioned. Please give me information on the treatment and the lenght (how many months) of the treatment

Please refer to the following links for detailed information:

Posted by: Liz | 2010-11-19

It''s good news that you have had a diagnosis (via a blood test I presume). My son was ill for 6+ months with severe arthiritis, headaches, joint swelling, etc. before a doctor eventually believed him and tested him for Lymes. It took long doses of tetracylcines to get him better. One doctor tried about three weeks worth of tabs, and another doctor prescribed a variety of tetracylines once a month over a six-month period. Make sure you have a doctor who believes your symptoms and takes this disease seriously. Neurologists and rheumotologists seem to know the most about Lyme in South Africa.

Reply to Liz