Question
Posted by: jasmine | 2008-11-05

chronic yeast infection and probiotics

its been 3yrs of hell, i went to every dr and gyenae,took every pill and cream,swabs and done a pep smear and nothing was found, a friend suggested i take probiflora with the 9 strains , i have been taking it 2 per day for 3 weeks now, what i would like to know is how long does it take for them to restore the balance in me, i also used medaspor twice a day for 6 days,but the discormfort is still there.

thanks

Expert ImageProbiotics expert

Hi Jasmine
I can realy empathise.
Firstly if the 9-strain was going to work I would imagine that you should have seen some relief by now.
I have 2 suggestions:
1. You try a probiotic product called Vagiforte – a probiotic designed more for this exact indication.
2. If that is not effective, I suggest that you get a couse of medicine (antifungal) which will hopefully clear the infection BUT keep taking the probiotic (9 strain) as a daily supplement ongoing.
My theory is that probiotics may have difficulty “treating” a rampant infection BUT once treated they can prevent recurrence in sensitive patients, so it is important to keep taking them.
Unfortunately science in this area is also new and to my knowledge only select strains of probiotic which are not available in SA actually colonise (grow in ) the vagina. In all other cases, the activity reliers more on reducing the candida load in the gut and thereby reducing re-infection rates.

4
Posted by: Hennie Els | 2009-10-25

Is it ok to use doxazosin with probiflora 9 strain?

Reply to Hennie Els

hello,

I am on the Probiflora 9 strain course for candida and was wondering if it was best to take a dopse before of after meals?

Posted by: tam | 2009-02-08

I do know that probiflora works but then what happens to my partner? What do I get him to take because he will in turn reinfect me.

Reply to tam
Posted by: Bel | 2008-11-27

I disagree! Probiflora 9 strain works! I know because I have used it myself! It takes time remeber its all natural so give your body some time to heal inside! Don' t eat bread and sugar! For at least a month! Drink vitamins to help your body fight off the bad bacteria and get lots of sleep!

The is also a new product on the market that also works it' s called GynaGuard -You get the wash and the Vaginal Capsules! The capsules are all natural - also probiotics. It really works!!

Reply to Bel