Question
Posted by: venetia | 2009-03-05

chronic urticoria

i have chronic urticoria for 4years and have tried many antihistamines that never helped. im taking prednisones for over 3years because that is the only thing that helps. ive gained a lot of weight and now have diabetes and high blood pressure.my doctor is at a loss on what to give me for the urticoria.i get it really bad if i dont take the prednisones.please advise.

Dear Venetia
Your doctor could try leucotrine antagonists (Accolate). Have you had extensive tests to try and determine what you are allergic to? It may help to see a dermatologist if you haven't yet?