Question
Posted by: abba | 2010/08/23

chronic sinusitis with no definite cause

I have a post nasal drip probably 90% of the time. I have sinus pain, varying from almost nothing (half the time) to migraine-like (occasionally), also probably 90% of the time. I go through spells of say 3 months at a time taking loratidine or allergex but there isn''t a significant improvement. I sniff up saltwater daily and I spray my nose with inflanase daily. Both provide temporary relief only. I have a neti pot to rinse my nose with saltwater but usually it hurts too much because the water seems to go into my sinuses instead of draining out of the other nostril. I am not allergic to anything specific but have a strong allergy response in skin tests. I notice the openness of my nasal passages and sinuses seems to change through the day. Interestingly, when I had to clean out my bowels recently before a colonoscopy, I could breathe more easily than I had in years, but that only lasted a day. What do you think? Will I ever be sinusitis-free?

Expert ImageSinus Expert

You have a lot of symptoms that seems sinus related. You need to be evaluated by an ENT specialist and sent for a sinus scan

1
Posted by: Sinus Expert | 2010/08/31

Reply to Sinus Expert