Posted by: JJ | 2010-09-20

Chronic respiratory system

Hi, My nose is blocked, it feels as if half of my face is numb, sore throat , painful eyes, terrible sinusitis
Every morning I have green thick mucus.

Please help

Expert ImagezENT Expert

Dear JJ

You require an examination by an ENT regarding a possible cause. This may be due to:
1. Allergic rhinitis (allergies)
2. Chronic rhinosinusitis (ongoing untreated infection of the sinonasal cavities)
3. Anatomical deviations (deviated septum, nasal polyps, large inferior turbinates)

All of these above may create inflammation in the sinusses, causing swelling, which in turn creates blockage of sinus drainage. This is painful and may be causing your symptoms. In each instance the treatment is different, and that is why you need an examination.