Question
Posted by: Anoniem | 2010/05/25

chronic red eyes

Im 27 male and in desperate need of some advise. Im struggeling with chronic red eyes (both) for more than 4 years now. in and out at ophtamologists, one say its dry and other say its alllergic. never had problems before, it just started suddenly one mourning. everyhing tried, antibiotic drops, steroid drops. ENT also normal. havent test for any auto immune stuff yet but whats the chance if nobody in my family has it? if you know of anything or have treated sumthing like this before, please let me know. like i said, i visited eye docters several times before without luck. and my eyes are permanently red
thank you

Hallo Anoniem
Auto immune diseases are not always hereditary but Sjogren sydrome which is associated with red and dry eyes also has other symptoms like dry mouth and lips. The most common causes of red eyes if infections, glaucoma and injuries are excluded, are dry eyes and allergy. Have you done an IGE blood test to see if you have an allergy? Allergies and dry eyes will need long term chronic treatment as it can't be healed, only managed. They can also do tests to see if you have enough tears, and if not you can use artificial tears (drops) during the day and lubrication (ointment) at night. Are you wearing contact lenses? Some contact lens solutions contain chemicals that people may be allergic to.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/05/26

Hallo Anoniem