Question
Posted by: Noleen | 2010/12/13

Chronic PMS

Hi GynaeDoc
Is it OK to take supplements for menopause -e.g.- Arkopharma''s Phyto Soya for PMS as well? My PMS is very bad, manic mood swings and food cravings being the worst of the symptoms. My doctor has prescribed the herb vitex which works a little bit but not much. Is it true that this herb has a negative effect on the pill? I''m on Femodene ED. I was wondering about the menopause supplements as it might be stronger. I do take a good multi for women, calcium &  magnesium, omega oils and a B-supplement as well. My PMS is the one thing that turns my life upside down at least two weeks of the month. Your comments would be much appreciated.

You can take them though I'm not sure they will help for PMS. Like most herbal remedies, effects on the Pill will not have been tested for.

1