Question
Posted by: yasmin | 2011/11/18

chronic pelvic pain

Need some advise on what my next step is. I went off triphasil the beginning of this year. Been on it 4 +- 7years. (My son 11 and dughter 7 now, both born by caesarian section, 1 of which was emergency)I have had endless problems from a avarian cyst which is now gone to chronic pelvic pain. My gynae couldnt find anything wrong with me after the cyst cleared up but still the pain persisted. A laparoscopy was performed and nothing was found. My gynae suggested that i fall pregnant to give my ovaries a break. I just cant bring myself to do that since nothing has been resolved and who can guarantee that i wont be sick whilst pregnant or worst. After the lap, i was sent to a Gastroenterologist who thought my problem where somehow hormonal and that doing a colonoscopy would be purely be for setting my mind at rest. He suggested i take Amitripilene in a lower dosage, as this is how chronic pain could be treated. It helped at first (dont know if it was psychological or what) then i stopped taking it as i started feeling really tired in the morning. I also went back onto bc and this helped for a while but the pain started coming back in stages, 1st lasting intermittently for 2 weeks then 3 week till now that it intermittely everday. The pain is a dull ache which extends to my thigh and my lower back feels rather still and saw at times.

I went to my GP last week for a sinus and bladder infection which he treated with antibiotics. The sinus cleared but the pelvic pain remained. He has now sent me for another abdo ultrasound but still nothing was found. What can be causing this nagging pain? It gets worst when i menstruate and i get a heavy feeling in both ovaries at this time and bowel movements become painful.

Where do i go now?

Expert ImageOrthopaedic Specialist Forum

Dear Yasmin - you should direct your question to a gynaecologist - I am an orthopedic surgeon

1
Posted by: Orthopaedic Specialist Forum | 2011/11/20

Reply to Orthopaedic Specialist Forum