Question
Posted by: spun | 2008/06/24

Chronic Pain - please help

I am a 28 year old female, 5ft6in and weigh 50kg. I run about 3 times a week and combine this with indoor cycling and weight training. The problem is i have had chronic knee and lower leg pain for the past two years. This pain is combined with numbness and tingling in the calves and toes. The pain is not related to excercise as i dont have pain whilst expercising and the pain is usually worse if i dont exercise. i have tried stopped all exercise in the past for a month, swimming only and had no reduction in the pain. I have been to see an orthapedic surgeon, podiatrist, a neurologist, had an MRI scan and no one can help me. I follow a healty diet which consists of oats, yoghurts, lean meat & lots of fruit, veg nuts and seeds. I drink 2 litres of water a day. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreicated.

Expert ImageSports Nutrition

Hi Spun

I am really sorry to hear about your pain and frustration. It sounds like one of those strange cases where the medical profession can’t find an answer, thus as a last resort I will visit a reputable Chiropractor. If still you have no joy I am going to recommend a very unconventional approach – please contact the company Quantum Wellness in Midrand and ask their marketing manager to refer you to a medically qualified person who works with their Scio Machine – I have seen miracles with this “electrical medicine” method – it is so different that I can hardly explain it to you – ask her to do so. It has to do with removing stresses in the body. Even though there is no scientific backing behind it, it has amazed me.

Good luck!
Vanessa