Posted by: Janq | 2009-03-16

Chronic neutropenia

I have been diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease (2 years ago) and seem to have it under control through diet. For the past year my doc has noticed that my wbc is on the low side...not extremely, but enough to notice. She recently had electropheresis test to rule out multiple myeloma and has said in passing that I have chronic neutropenia. Is there a possibility that this will become a problem? Might it have anything to do with my constantly feeling cold...hands and feet always cold to the point that people always question me about it. Thank you.

Dear Janq
Chronic neutropenia can cause increased risk of infections but won't cause cold hands and feet. See also