Posted by: Shirley | 2011-11-05

Chronic Muscle Spasms

Suffering serious muscle spasms lately, tonight I woke up very nauseous, as though caused by body heat but cold to touch, thought I needed something to eat as I hadn''t eaten supper. Had a slice of bread with a little Bovril on but after 15 minutes vomited this out and have been getting worse than normal muscle spasms, my hands won''t relax due to cramps and I can''t lie down as I get serious cramps if I try relax. I have woken with a spasm in my top right thigh so bad that the only thing that relieves this is an ice-pack rub while I scream in pain walking around as I can''t sit or lie down until it''s gone! HELP - what''s causing this and what can I take? My husband''s just got back from emergency chemist, they only gave him Rehydrate for me!

I suggest that you consult a doctor as soon as possible. The cramping can be due to a severe electrolyte disturbance and you will have to get blood tests done, to have a diagnosis made. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.