Question
Posted by: Saartjie | 2009/01/05

Chronic meds before and during pregnancy

Hi-

I am currently on the following chronic medication for elevated insulin, hipertension and asma: Glucophage 1000 mg (2/pd), Adalat 30 mg (1/pd), Co-diovan 160 mg (1/pd) and Symbicord 160 (2 inhilations, twice per day)

I want to know if I can try to fall pregnant now and what the safety of the above meds are during pregnancy?

THANX

It would be very important to have a thorough check with a physician and obstetrician before trying to fall pregnant. They would need to check your sugar and blood pressure control as well as seeing if any oragns have been affected.Your medication may need some modification.