Question
Posted by: Sonja | 2010/09/13

Chronic Mastitis

I was diagnosed with chronic mastitis, but I’  m a 42 year old woman who had a Hysterectomy 14 year’  s ago. I would like to know what treatment is prescribed for this? Had tests done not malignant. Dr. gave me Mybulan but no antibiotics??

Hallo Sonja
I would have tried a course of antibiotics if it was red and warm and tender. The term "Chronic mastitis" is sometimes used for fibroadenoma or fybrocystic disease where the breast is lumpy and tender but not red and warm. Antibiotics is not needed for this, but Vit B6, anti-inflammatories like Mybulan and Voltaren gel may help.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/13

Hallo Sonja