Question
Posted by: Bonbon | 2011/10/03

Chronic Insomnia

I''ve been suffering with severe insomnia for almost 2 years now, it started off with severe headaches. I have been on so many sleeping tablets and most doctors give you 10 to break the cycle which in my case it never did. I am now on a seroquel to basically force me to sleep.

Any help Doctor? I''ve given up, don''t know what to try anymore?
Bonbon

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Sleeping tablets are only a solution to short-term problems - a 2-year issue is unlikely to be helped by 10 days of sleeping tablets.

You need to have someone help you find the underlying problem, and then to deal with that. Ask your doctor to refer you to a sleep doctor.