Question
Posted by: Sleepless | 2010/02/22

Chronic Insomnia

Hi doc, i am now 27 years old and have been battling with insomnia since i was 13. i have taken every sleeping tablet on the market, been for psychotherapy, tried herbal remedies, relaxation massages...you name it, i''ve done it! if i dont take a sleeping pill, i will not sleep that night...any advice...?

Whatever other factors may be relevant, it's clear that once one forms the firm expectation that one Will not sleep - one doesn't. Also, fortunately, even when we feel sure we haven't slept a wink, when wired up to an EEG in a sleep lab, it is revealed that we do actully get more sleep than we are aware of.
Depending on where you are ( and maybe check your nearest medical school for info ) a detailed assessment in a proper Sleep Lab may shed some light on the nature of your problem, and maybe then point to the right method of intervention, so as to shed more darkness on your nights !

3
Posted by: Blondie | 2010/02/23

Jeez it sounds just like me . It is terrible and the worse is no one undertstands . I cant stop my mind and have also been plaqued by it since a yound age . I am also 27 and am on imovane . And re the comment by sleep problem - please go waste your time somewhere else .

Reply to Blondie
Posted by: sleep problem | 2010/02/23

I know this sound extremely weird.. Have sex?

Reply to sleep problem