Posted by: Sue | 2012-05-10

Chronic headaches and migraines

Hi Doc,

I started suffering from migraines in 2003, was put onto trepilene 10mg, which helped alot. the problem is that recently (The last year or so), the migraines are 100% worse and I''m getting them more often. I''ll get tension headaches perhaps every 2nd or 3rd day, that last a few hours and I''ll get the most debilitating migraines perhaps twice a month. Since January, I''ve been for Injections twice and the other times I resort to getting the migraine -|- tail from my pahrmacy. Its at the point where I''m so scared of getting another headache, because of how debilitating it is. I havent been for a brain scan due to the cost. I am a single mother with a difficult pre-teen, all of which probably adds to the stress, which I assume is what is causing these. I''m 42, normal weight, have some back issues otherwise healthy. Is this just stress? I cant pinpoint any triggers that set these off. Its getting to the point where a bullet in the head would be prefereable to the pain of the migraines.
Please help.

I suggest that you consult a neurologist for an examination and medication spesifically for the treatment of migraines. It is extremely important to control your headaches. I also suggest that you consult a physiotherapist, as severe headaches can be due to severe muscle spasm. You can also consult a registered hypnotherapist to alleviate your stress.