Question
Posted by: KK | 2008/10/20

Chronic headache

On Friday last week I developed a headache at about 11am. It felt like a migrane but no other symptoms were present (apart from mild nausea which only lasted an hour-this is usual). The pain was all around my right eye. The following day the headache was still present but there was also a constant (head-rush) type headache. This continued for yet another day. Today, the 4th day I still have the headache around my right eye. I' m beginning to worry and would like to know when it is worth going to see a GP about a headache?

Dear KK
If it is an "unusual" headache, it wakes you up at night, it is sore when you bend forward, sneeze or cough, you have stiff neck and fever, you have any neurological signs - slurry speech, weakness in an arm or a leg - these are all red flags. I think you should rather see your doctor.

1
Posted by: Tumza | 2008/10/20

Hi KK,

I remember the feeling of the headache but I had it cause i was pregnant. Apparently it' s caused by blood that' s flowing and to ease the pain I used to put a hand towel soaked with iced water or ice cubes wrapped with the towel and put them where I felt the pain, like on the right side of the forehead.It made me feel better. try it, maybe it will work.

Reply to Tumza