Question
Posted by: Erin | 2009-11-13

Chronic Fatigue

I am 33 years old and am sufering with sever fatigue most days. I am currently on prescribed iron tabs. (Chela fer) I have had my thyroid checked and it is fine.
I am a mother of two small children, which I still get up for at night. however not nearly as bad as it was before. I get up 1nce per night on average.
I find that I am most tired at mid day and when driving I often have to stick my head out the window to stay awake.
I am also on eglynol as I presented with a panic attack recently.
I briskly walk 4.5km every day I am not loosing any weight and am about 6kg over weight. Please help.
Does eglynol cause one to gain weight?
No one seems to take my exhaustion seriously. I find that I am also unable to do easy tasks like addition and multiplication as I used to when I was younger. Does this just happen as you get older? All my friends who are the same ageor older don' t seem to have any of these problems.

Erin

Eglynol does cause weight gain and also cause a lot of other problems and it might be the cause for your fatigue. I do however, suggest that you consult an endocrynologist for a full examination and blood tests, as there are also other reasons that might be causing your symptoms.

2
Posted by: B | 2009-11-13

Hi Erin

As a matter of interest what was your thyroid level was it over 3. Prior to 2003 your thryroid was considered normal if it was under 5. Mine was 1.75 in Jan and then I startyed to feel like you describe - when they tested it it was 4.35 (still in the ' normal range) but I felt dreadful once I started taking thyroid meds I felt like a new person. Go for a second opinion and google thyroid.

Reply to B
Posted by: B | 2009-11-13

Hi Erin

Reply to B