Question
Posted by: What now | 2009-02-26

Chronic Fatigue

I am always tired. My bloodtests were all normal. I had a terrible experience last year, but due to my occupation I cannot tell anyone working with me. I did see a shrink last year, and she could not believe what I told her, even if I have the evidance to proof. I do have a high stress work, and my last holiday was about a year ago, for 3 days! What is the possibility that I might have a burn-out syndrome?

Sounds more like a post-stress reation, and it's odd that your shrink didn't believe you --- in any case, the important thing would be how whatever happened impacted on you, rather than a judicial review of the precise facts. And yes, a form of burn-out is posible, though that usually refers to one becoming blase about one's job, rather than geting chronic fatigue. Maybe try a different shrink for a re-assessment ?