Question
Posted by: Gert | 2009-03-16

Chronic Disease

I am diagnosed with Chronic Inflammatory di-eliminating Polyneuropathy. Every three months I get intravenous medicine.
My problem is that I can never get a good nights sleep. I sleep for one hour and then wake up again. No matter what I try, exercise, right diet, nothing help. This cause me to get very sleepy the next day. I' m not physically tired, but cannot keep my eyes open. Is this one of the symptoms of CIDP?
I also get cramps in my legs when lying down, but never when sitting or standing.

Dear Gert
If you don't sleep deep enough at night or wake up often you never get deep sleep ( REM sleep) and this is why you are so tired. This can also cause depression. It also sounds as if you have a bit of restless leg syndrome. Please discuss with your doctor as there are medications available you can take to help for both of these problems.
Dr Bets.